Post by Ranjit on Mar 23, 2008 13:35:45 GMT -6
rules to be read
laws to be said
The following are the rules to Red Dawn Black Day. I suggest you read straight through them. The admins and mods will be able to tell when you have not. And a terrid curse shall fall apon any who dare not read.
The Things You Do For Granted
- Be respectful to all members and staff
- Don't be annoying
- Don't use chatspeak
- Don't godmod [make your charr almighty and indestructible]
- Don't powerplay [ex. Bad: 'Bob slashed Pete with his hoof, ripping a gash in his side'. Good: 'Bob slashed at Pete with his hoof, attempting to rip a gash in his side'.]
- No double posting In Character.
- Scream at mean guests ^,,^
- Have fun or perish o.o
In Character Laws
- The minimum limit for posting is 200 words. It is not difficult to do this. The staff will be watching threads and we will not hesitate to tell you to lengthen the post. RDBD is an itermeditate to advanced RPG and everyone on here should be able to do this.
- Swearing and cursing are allowed. However, if you use it in titles, this priveledge will be removed.
- Horses do not speak chatspeak. If you even think about posting in chatspeak, IC or otherwise, you will be notified and both admins will speak to you about it.
- This is a literate RPG. You will post in complete sentences, use correct punctuation and capitalization, and use spell check, or we will say something about it.
- Do not change the color of your text anywhere on the forum to some crazy vibrant color like lime green or yellow or purple, and don't post with text any color that clashes with our current skin. If you do this, staff will make you change it to something that won't burn our eyes out.
Out of Character Laws
- Swearing OOC is allowed. However, if it gets out of hand, it will be stopped.
- You can't just join this site and post OOC all the time. It's annoying and if you are gonna be here, you need to role play. If you don't, you'll be banned until you decide to treat this site as an rpg and not a chat board.
- Chatspeak is not, and will never be allowed. Not even OOCly. It is a no-no and it sounds like you just snuffed potting soil. If we see anyone using it, we will contact them and teach them the English language. From scratch.
- If you are gonna fight someone, take it to PMs or let an admin handle it. No members want to see that. Especially not on our Cbox.
- Behave and respect your fellow role players and staff members.
- This is a horse and wolf site. Join with anything but that and be yelled at.
- You may have as many character as you want. Just keep them all active.
- No horses taller than 18hh and none smaller than 14hh. No exceptions, no begging, or you'll piss off your admins.
- The wolves can be any species. Grey, Arctic, Mexican, Eastern Timber.. as long as it's a real species.
- Not all the animals here are evil and cruel or happy and angelic. Make them all a little different.
- You must remember that this is the future and that there is little plant life. These horses have evolved to being able to eat meat, since there is so little vegetation. However, there will be some grass for them that isn't too dangerous for their health.
- You must also remember that these animals have been affected by radiation fallout for a long time. They will live much longer than normal. The lifespan is anywhere from 50-100 years for this generation.
Marking and Mutation Laws
- We allow your characters, both horses and wolves, to have odd markings and mutations. You have to remember the parents and grandparents went through nuclear fallout and picked up radiation.
- I do not want to see purple, pink or blue markings. Dark colours will do fine, but vivid ones will not.
- Your horses and wolves may have wings and horns. Wings will either be feathered like a bird or leathery, like a bat or a dragon's.
- You may make your character have any eye colour you wish. Just try not to steal from other people's ideas.
- Manes and tails may be any colour.
- Markings cannot be stupid themed. For example: weaponry, knives, swords, U.S. presidents, Befera's face, etc. Nothing violent or sex themed.
The Herd Laws
- There are only two herds here. They each have two leaders.
- The herds are sister herds and do not fight. They fight the wolves.
- One leader is the main leader, the other is just a deputy of sorts.
- The two canon characters are Osalus and the deputy of Vakeru.
The Pack Laws
- There is one huge pack that all the wolves live in.
- There are four alphas, two male, two female.
- They have equal control over the pack.
- The pack fights against the horses.
- Fighting can happen anywhere, between the herds and pack. There is no set land.
- There are very few battles within the herds and pack themselves.
- The reason for this is because everything is shared and because everyone is happy.
- At a major battle, meaning between the herds and the pack, PM an admin before the fight. Either say you know who will win or you want the admin to judge. Then fight.
- Not every hit can land, not every dodge works. Fight how you wish, but the admin will decide when to stop the battle.
Breeding and Birth Laws
- Breeding is allowed anywhere and at anytime.
- Graphic breeding is allowed, as is graphic birth. Make thread with a [G] if it gets nasty.
- Forcebreeding is allowed. However, only loners are allowed to forcebreed. Forcebreeding within the herds is a huge no-no and the character will be severely punished for it.
- Wolves, this goes for you as well.
- No more than four to a litter of pups.
- Not all foals/pups will live. Admins decide this. Message after a breeding and the admins will post stats of the pups/foal(s).
Now, see, was that so bad? Mind, this might be updated as the site gets more members. All members will be notified via PM if this occurs. There is no 'password', so you dont need to look, but you must wait to be accepted after making your character.
[Now get out before I eat you through your computer monitor. - Bef]